Sunday, May 18, 2014

One SFI crit

The SFI stands for "Steep Fricking Incline" I hear. And there was a hill, of course the finish line was at the top of it. There was also wind, and I took comfort in knowing the wind would be at my back while I was going up the hill. Jeff and I drove out there together and would actually be in the same race together. It has been so long since we have raced with each other. There was not much area to warm up in and I was fine with that because my main concern was that my socks would not line up straight. My main concern quickly changed when a buddy came over and commented on my race write up from A&M the day before. Wait, WHAT?!?! He read my write up!?! NOOOOOOO! I normally do my race write up via email only to my team but thought it would be neat for me to keep track of them by putting them in a blog. So I sent my team a link to the blog and it was shared on Facebook for the whole world to read. YIKES. I desperately tried to remember what I had written and hoped I hadn't incriminated myself. Turns out I had behaved myself in the writeup, so no enemies would be made from that. PHEW! But I did boast a bit on how much work I did so I felt there was a target on my back.
GO!


Jeff and I 
 Once we lined up I realized the field was a bit smaller than Saturday. Maybe the hill scared people off, I know I am not a climber… So again, from the gun, I clip in and take off. I get caught, claw myself into the small pack to catch a draft to recover, and Mr. Big Shot from yesterday takes off. He takes someone with him. That someone cannot hold his wheel and eventually bails out of the race. So, alone, he laps the field. In the small little field, no one is much willing to work so I get off the front and eventually get caught. Then I go again at two to go and they let me roll away. I knew there was no way my husband was going to chase! So I finished 2nd in the master mens race but got scored for 1st in the women's. It was a hard and fun course.
SFI

No comments:

Post a Comment